Monday, August 11, 2008

Design Overview

Hi All,
I want to design a word processing course which has options for all learner styles, & can be used in Microsoft Word or Open Office Writer.
I think to get people started I will do a series of short screen recordings showing people how to save, open files, copy and paste, and basic editing techniques.
There would also need to be some background material: maybe a video.
For the actual exercises I would like to make some quizzes and games about topics which are relevant to most people. Perhaps identifying faults in a paragraph, or moving and resizing pictures to match up with a statement, or correcting jumbled sentences ( good for cutting and pasting).
Our current Word Processing booklet has exercises listed in it but no interesting pictures or quizzes. I think we should be able to make our exercises more computer-orientated and interesting
Not sure how I am going to do this but I will think about it a bit more & make a list of puzzles or games and how I can apply tehm.
Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

No comments: